Banner art was made by Sam Jun. You can follow him on Twitter @
Purpose of blog:
- not trying to give a “silver bullet” method
- strictly a blog about my own progress and experiences
- hopefully giving a different perspective on language learning
- share my love for the language
- have fun
- make friends
- bounce ideas and have interesing discussions
- learn and grow from potential friendships I make with other bloggers with similar goals and hobbies
Me as a person:
- college student in pursuit of nursing degree
- mid 20s
- reside in the US…west coast/pacific time
- avid movie/tv viewer
- FOOD nom nom
- Internet? YES!
- Games….woot woot 😛
My interest in learning Japanese has been with me for several years. Ever since I was a teen in fact! I attempted to take a class my 1st year in college but being a freshman, didn’t take the class seriously and dropped it. Then many years later, around fall 2011, I decided to start learning again via college courses.
I finished the last course available spring 2013 (Japanese 104- Intermediate Japanese 2). I felt with the college courses and some side self learning, I have gone past the “beginner” stage. So roughly 2 years of formal study + self study on my belt.
So here I am now, in what I believe to be an “intermediate” stage. But of course this is purely subjective on my part. Everyone has their own perception of different fluency levels.